Friday 20 April 2012

A painting of my grandaughter

This is a painting I tried of my little grandaughter, Rose. I painted it from a photograph so it is the first time I have tried to get a more lifelike, rather than a stylised portrait. This was from a photo I took of her when she was just about ready to go into her first ballet lesson.....I have to admit my heart melted just looking at her with all her hair tied up in a little ballerina's bun at the back of her head. She looks much too old in my painting (she is only three)and I don't know how to get that really young look yet..... and although the proportions of her head and shoulders are as they are in the photo I don't know what I need to do to get it look as if it is all "right" but there you are...a first attempt....and it was lovely to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment