Tuesday 24 April 2012

Finished!

I finished my lady at last. She is part of my Life Book work (www.willowing.ning.com) and represents an honouring of my past. I had to choose a person who I admired and respected so I chose Eleanor Roosevelt for all the work she did to bring about equality in so many ways. I have been passionate about this ever since I can remember. We had to somehow incorporate a bit of ourselves into the picture so I made her pale and red-haired as I was always...pale that is.....and red-haired before I started to go grey! :-) Then we had to choose three significant events in our past which we wanted to honour because they had helped make us who we are today. My three events were all painful but without doubt definitely made me who I now am. Finally we added a "flap" to show ourselves as a child and with the three events written on the inside, it stuck on skewiff much to my irritation but never mind! Here is one of my favourite Eleanor Roosevelt quotes which I was thinking of as I did my painting. “We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face....we must do that which we think we cannot.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment