Sunday 22 April 2012

Background effects with image transfer onto calico

Again using heavy gel medium I transferred the background effects behind the buddha faces straight onto 140msg watercolour paper. I love these effects and something that really fascinated (and delighted me) is that the "moon" you see on the first one is actually a drop of water that fell very helpfully into just the right place! I messed up the actual calico buddha on the second by cutting it to the wrong size. If I had thought to fray the edges before I pasted it onto the background I think I could have rectified it to a certain extent. Still I like it because I still like the image but really love the background image with the little bird....it has come out perfectly....well at least to my eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment