Friday 28 October 2011

A recent journal page....

Still lying here feeling sorry for myself....but at least am able to sit up and faff about a bit on the computer for a while. So...thought I would add a few of my recent journal pages as I am supposed to add my paintings to this blog....most of the time I look at them and think "ooooh....well maybe not...." but that's not the spirit really is it?! :-) Anyway here is one I did do recently...
I couldn't do much more with this one as the paper was not watercolour paper and wouldn't take any more shading but I quite liked her really. I really love the way you can paint a face and actually get the sort of personality you envisage for your "person" into the face somehow. Then sometimes the faces decide for themselves what they want to express .... have you noticed that? It makes me smile when this happens, makes me think that there is something else at work in the "ether" when I am painting. Sometimes I don't have a set idea on the sort of personality I want to shine through but somehow it always happens. I see it start to take shape as I am drawing. I think this is something to do with what could be going on in my subconscious at the time. I truly believe that art, that is making your own art, is a way of healing and so....if something needs to come out, why shouldn't it come out in your work? Often healing can take place in very mysterious ways. I look at this little face and I feel something "ping" deep inside of me. I didn't intend her to look so sad but she does. There has to be some sort of connection somewhere. Anyway she is one who did decide for herself what she wanted to "say" when she was painted. Faces on paintings always speak to us somehow don't they? Of course they don't necessarily say the same things to each of us....again.....that makes me wonder what else is going on ....out there in the ether!

No comments:

Post a Comment