Monday 12 March 2012

"Mother Love"

I did this painting as part of Tam's Life Book course on Willowing. I painted it to honour my three beautiful children who I brought up for the most part on my own. It hasn't copied very well and hasn't come out as clear as I had hoped. At the top I wrote a sentence one of them (my oldest son I think) wrote in his news book when he was 6. It reads "My mummy always wears a brown jumper with a brooch and hoovers all day." The quote around my hair is from Isaiah "I will never forget that I have held you in the palm of my hand." I have always loved that and associated it with my three children. My daughter, Juliet, is at the top, she is now 40. Paul is my elder son, on the left hand side and he is now 41 and Daniel is my younger son and he is now 37. They had a really difficult young life because of our family circumstances and I am so proud of them all because they are all really beautiful human beings. I made lots of mistakes but I hope I got some of it right, they tell me I did. They have certainly taught me a lot too.

1 comment:

  1. I love this Mother collage, and your story brings it to life!
    the baby is adorable and yours sons are handsome!
    look at what you created!... a grand memorial for ever! Love the stenciling in the background as well as everything else.
    ♥Blessings.. "I will never forget that I have held you in the palm of my hand." I love this!!!

    ReplyDelete