Wednesday 11 July 2012

My first ever charcoal sketch!!



I am so excited as I have just started a new course called "A Diary of Faces" which is an acrylics course so is going to be a huge huge huge challenge for me as I find them much harder than water colours. Anyway this course is run by Sharon Tomlinson of All Norah's Art. The course has just started and we are using an old stitched book which we are altering by adding paintings of just faces but faces from all over the world and the opposite page to each face will be the story of the face.

Anyway like I said, this is my first sketch of the Chinese artist, Georgette Chen which we are copying from a photo but it is also my first time with a stick of charcoal in my hand and I was really scared but am pretty happy with how she turned out really.

Sharon's website is http://allnorahsart.ning.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment